Join Our Team
Life at UI LABS
UI LABS is a results-oriented, lean, collaborative tech organization and 501(c)(3) nonprofit. We are hard-working, mission-driven, flexible, and work with a sense of urgency. We hire tech-savvy, committed, self-starters who can think outside the box, and have a strong capacity to learn and adapt to the needs of the organization and role through both skill and grit. All-star employees excel without the help of administrative support, and don’t mind rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty (figuratively!). Additionally, people who love to solve problems, no matter how big or small, find they are a good fit for UI LABS.
Our state-of-the-art facility, located on Goose Island in Chicago (just north of downtown), features a manufacturing floor, a smart green infrastructure testbed, and a bustling open-office environment. UI LABS is a collaborative space, hosting many events for our partners and other prestigious organizations, so being able to engage with staff and visitors in a professional, helpful manner is a must.
UI LABS is a 10-minute walk from the North and Clybourn Red Line stop, a 20-minute walk from the Division Blue Line stop, and accessible by a variety of other public transit options; additionally, we have free parking available for employees.
UI LABS offers competitive benefits:
- Unlimited responsible paid time off
- 401(k) matching program
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Long and short-term disability and life insurance
- Pre-tax transit and dependent care benefits
- Paid parental leave
UI LABS works to create an inclusive, fun, and meaningful employee experience through the following initiatives:
- Volunteer opportunities, such as Toys for Tots Drive and Goose Island Cleanups
- Professional and personal development sessions and tools
- Monthly team lunches
- Quarterly company outings/gatherings
- Staff celebrations & employee-driven events
- Company-sponsored recreational sports
- Staff ping pong table
UI LABS has received recognition for its Innovation Center and role in the community:
- LEED Silver Rating
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) Chicago – Design Excellence Award, 2015
- CoreNet Global Chicago Chapter REAL Awards – Project of the Year, 2015
- Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards – Special Achievement of the Year, 2016
- Chicago Inno 50 on Fire Award – Civic Category, 2016
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Chicago Vision Award – Program Category, 2016
- Executives’ Club of Chicago – Corporate Innovator of the Year, 2017
Work with Us
Check out our open positions.